Hello Roadies! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays! I can’t believe this year is almost over, time flies when your crafting! Now that Christmas and Thanksgiving are behind us, I thought I’d get a head-start on some Valentine’s Day creations. Let’s get started!
I started off with an A2 sized Kraft card base and the As You Wish stamp set. I stamped “As You Wish” all over my card base using a clear block and black ink.
Next I cut down some vellum to measure about 3″ x 4″. This will serve as a backdrop for my stamped images and create a bit of separation from the busy background. I also die cut out a scalloped heart from some ivory card stock. I added some light ink blending in the center of the heart using a blending brush and some Distress Oxide ink in the color Antique Linen.
Next I smooshed some Ground Espresso Distress Ink onto a clear block and mixed in some water and then flicked some splatter onto the heart die cut.
I decided to add a pop of color with Festive Berries Distress Oxide using the same splatter technique.
Next I stamped my images using alcohol marker friendly ink and colored them in with my Spectrum Noir markers. Once my images were all colored in, I fussy cut them out, cutting right up to the stamped line. I used a black marker to go over the cut edges for a more finished look.
Next I went to work on my sentiment. I prepped a piece of red card stock using anti-static powder then stamped my sentiment using clear embossing ink. I coated it with white embossing powder and tapped off the excess. I always let my heat gun warm up a few seconds before taking it to my paper. Making sure your gun is nice and hot will prevent warping of the paper. Once the embossing powder cooled down, I used a rectangle stitched die to cut out my sentiment.
I adhered my heart die cut and sentiment flat onto the vellum using a strong double sided tape. (I didn’t want to use liquid glue since it can sometimes cause the vellum to wrinkle.) I positioned my characters in the center of the heart using foam circles. I used the same double sided tape to adhere the vellum piece onto my card base.
I knew I wanted to make a matching envelope for this card so I did some quick masking and stamping of the flap. I used the same technique from my card base, except I added a pop of red in the center.
To finish off this card I added a sprinkle of 7 flat back gems in Ant Max Red for a bit of sparkle. I really love the way this card turned out with the matching envelope! I also love that the card has a bit of a CAS(clean & simple) look to it which I love. Thanks for stopping by, Roadies! Lots of love-Lorena