Happy Birthday to me!! Yes today is my birthday (but that project is coming next week). Today I’m excited to share with you a layout using the Art Supplies Background stamp set! Have you ever started a project and had one idea, but then it morphed into another? Well, this was that kind of project.
For this project I created a traveler’s notebook spread.
- I started by adding a thin layer of clear gesso to white card stock.
- After this was dry, I stamped the Art Supplies Background stamp onto one of the pieces of paper. This was a little difficult and the bottom portion is “blurry”, however I tried to cover it up.
- Next, I decided I would add splatters vs coloring the background. I grabbed my markers, scribbled them on an acrylic block and with a paint brush I flicked the color on the background… I was NOT happy with this result. It wasn’t very bright and at this point I’m thinking of starting over…but I keep pushing forward.
- I grab a few acrylic paints and repeat the flicking process. Now we are talking! This began looking like my sponge painted walls I had in middle school…well the colors any way (yes, I made my mom sponge paint my room in teal, pink, yellow, orange and purple. She’s amazing.)
- Now, I felt it needed a little more POP! I added two black strips of black card stock to the inner edge of each page. It felt more grounded with this added.
- To complete the layout, I stamped a few of the phrases from #Beautiful Mess, layered pattern paper behind my photo and added journaling.
So in the end, I’m happy with how it turned out. Just like my creative studio, this layout has a little chaos (or a lot). I encourage you to document your space. How has it evolved over the years? I started with a plastic rolling drawer unit (which I still have) and now I have a room!
Thanks for stopping today! As always, feel free to use my discount code LACEY10 at checkout for 10% off all your orders.