Hello crafty friends. Do you ever start a project and it doesn’t quite turn out what you thought in your head? Well this is one of those projects. Often times I sit and plan a card or layout before I start creating it. That way I have some idea and direction and I’m not just staring at my desk for hours. But sometimes when something doesn’t work, you love the project even more! So lets get started.
- I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4″ w x 5.25″ h.
- Using Catherine Pooler Inks, I created a rainbow blended background.
- I splattered on water and some shimmer to add more interest to this panel.
- Next, I cut out a window using the Lacey’s DIY Window Stitched Die out of the rainbow paper.
- Using embossable plastic, I adhered this to my blended card behind the window with tear tape.
- Then I masked off part of the “Happy Bday” stamp from Mari Party to stamp “Happy” with the hearts and stamped this on the plastic in black. I added clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Next I stamped “Valentine’s Day” in black ink and added clear embossing powder, then heat set.
- To create the shaker, I doubled up on foam adhesive so the sequins are able to shake around. I created walls around the opening and then filled the rest of the blended background piece with the foam adhesive.
- I attached this to an A2 sized card base in white.
I love how this card came together!
Thank you for joining me today! I have a list of Ink Road Stamp products I used below. As always, feel free to use my discount code LACEY10 for 10% off all your Ink Road Stamp orders! Have a great rest of your week!