Koren here with you today, and I am sharing with you a card I made using some Ink Road Stamps. I used the Chin Up Buttercup stamp set, and the As You Wish stamp set. I figured the two worked well together considering that, at least in my mind, this is Princess Buttercup.
I used a light gray heavy weight cardstock as an A2 top folding card base. I stamped “Chin Up Buttercup” from the set of it’s name, in black pigment ink, directly onto the card base.
After stamping the sentiment. I stamped the accompanying flower images from the same stamp set by The Ink Road, with light gray hybrid ink, onto the same light gray cardstock as the base. I used my colored pencils to color the flower images. Using the light gray ink on the cardstock of similar color really helps hide the lines and gives a good “no line” coloring look. Once my flowers were all colored. I used a white gel pen to add dots of white into the center of each of my flowers. I cut them out with my scissors and set them aside.
I stamped the Princess Buttercup image from the As You Wish stamp set by The Ink Road with Copic marker friendly black ink and colored it with my Copic Markers. I used E40, E41, and E42 for her hair; E00, E53, E50, and E51 on her face; Y38, Y35, and Y32 to color her crown and B95, B93, and B91 for her dress. Nothing too complicated. The image is small, so, a little coloring will go a long way. I cut her out also using my scissors and set her with the rest of the pieces that will eventually be popped up onto the card panel with foam tape.
I took the geometric lined images from the Chin Up Buttercup stamp set and inked them up with Glue Pad adhesive ink. This puts a very sticky glue onto my stamp. I then stamped them in various spot on my card surrounding my sentiment. I then used Wow! Clarabelle Sparkles Glitter to the adhesive shapes I just aded to my card. After giving it some time to dry and lightly brushing off the excess, I then had beautiful sparkly shapes lighting up the card in the background.
To finish off the card, I added the images eagerly waiting in the wing in various positions around the sentiment. I wanted to make sure Princess Buttercup was right on top. I used foam tape on each image, sometimes popping them up on top of each other, to give it that something special by adding some extra dimension.
I hope you enjoyed my project today. I love how the card turned out. I hope you did to. I can’t wait to share my next project with you.