Hi everyone! It is Ricky on the blog today! Well, it is day 4,223 of the quarantine, well that is at least how it feels!
Today’s card was made using the stamp set Subway Art: Fairytale along with the stamp set Shell Yeah, all from Ink Road Stamps, duh!
For this card I did the following:
- White heat embossed the subway stamp on watercolor paper.
- Using pigment powder, I dropped it in a few places on the card and then flooded it with water. Pigment powders are super intense and doesn’t take alot to make things happen!
- I cut that card panel down to 4 by 5.25 inches.
- I stamped out the mermaids from Shell Yeah and Copic colored them. You can use various colors to achieve many different styles.
- Then I took the subway stamp and white heat embossed it on black card stock. This allowed me to cut the strip I needed that featured the movie The Little Mermaid.
- I put foam tape on the back of the color card panel and applied that to a 4.25 x 5.5 card base.
- I glued the mermaids down to the colorful card base.
- Glued down the single strip over the same part of sentiment on the subway stamp.
- I added the pearl dots to simulate water.
I hope you all are being safe and you’re able to get super crafty! Silver linings right?