Hello, friends! It’s Ashlea again and today I’ve got a fun just-because card that’s simple, funny, and beautiful all at the same time. Let’s get right into the step by step for this card.
The little open section on the bottom left where I stamped “friends waffles work” wasn’t intentionally left blank. It ended up that way when I was stamping the waffle background and a little lightbulb went off. It happens to be one of my favorite parts of this card. Happy mistakes, guys! Nothing is ruined, just unexpected.
- Start with a piece of white card stock cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ which is the size of an A2 sized card.
- Using the waffle image stamp from the Snarks and Rec set and your favorite dark brown ink (mine are Catherine Pooler inks) create a background patters for your card. I always start by stamping my image off of the card stock edges first. I do this so that the pattern appears as just a portion of a much larger pattern. I then fill in the center.
- If you like the “friends waffles work” sentiment on the lower left, be sure to leave a small space when stamping your waffles and then stamp that sentiment with VeraFine ink. It’s a small sentiment so VersaFine will work best because it really gets into those little details.
- Once you’re happy with your pattern, use a yellow marker to color in the butter pats on each waffle. I think this just gives a more detailed look to the waffles and doubles as a great source of color for the otherwise monotone card.
- Cut a circle out of a scrap piece of white card stock and stamp the “treat yo self” sentiment in the center of that with VeraMark ink. Emboss it with Aladdin (my most favorite) embossing powder by WOW Embossing Powders.
- Cut a slightly larger circle out of a piece of vellum paper and adhere your sentiment circle to the center of the vellum circle.
- Finally, adhere that entire circle to the top center portion of the card front with foam adhesive to give dimension. Finish off with a few Nuvo Crystal drops in Dandelion Yellow.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed learning a little about how I created this card. Thank you so much for stopping by and I will see you again very soon!